And they’re here in a BIG way.
But do you know how women in the U.S. are actually planning to wear those trends right now?
T.J.Maxx and Marshalls conducted a very intriguing survey and the results reveal where women are actually shopping for new trends, how they’re really wearing them and the source of their fashion inspiration.
Here are the details and just a few of the most interesting key findings: The online survey was conducted among women 25-54, in four major cities: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami.
Where are women shopping for fall trends?
· More than half of all women turn to off-price retail stores to buy new fashion trends. At stores like T.J.Maxx and Marshalls, women can score the same designer fall trends carried at department stores right now, for up to 60% less.
Whose fashion sensibility influences them?
· Jennifer Aniston ranks as the #1 celebrity whose style women want to emulate most.
· But even more so than celebrity style, women are more likely to be influenced by street style and their peers, everyday women.
How and where are women across the country wearing fall trends?
· Chicago women are most likely to lure with leather fashion on a date; women in L.A., Miami, and New York grab attention on a date with a statement necklace.
· Miami women dazzle on the weekend with embellished clothing whereas Chicago, NYC and LA women keep it sleek in leather
· NYC, LA and Miami women play it safe at work with the menswear trend while the women of Chicago take more risks with bold colors.
“At T.J.Maxx and Marshalls, our buyers are on the pulse of what’s popular right now, scouring the globe year round, and getting the top trends in stores in as little as two weeks,” said Laura McDowell, Fashion Spokesperson, T.J.Maxx and Marshalls. “They’re able to react to the styles that are resonating with shoppers, bringing them the designer pieces they want at unbelievable prices.”
In all four cities, the top trend that emerged was “bold colors” (oxblood, teal). Rounding out the top five fall trends include color blocking at number two, followed by statement necklaces, then leather, and menswear. However, women from each city have different occasions in mind when it comes to wearing the trends.
I absolutely think this is the coolest survey… and the best part is seeing that women are influenced by other women.
Thanks T.J.Maxx and Marshalls!