What is your current “State of Fun?”
The first-ever “State of Fun” survey by Crocs shows that 90 percent of U.S. moms connect fun to their personal health and well being, yet 63 percent say they’re having less fun today than they did 10 years ago!
Compared to the rest of U.S. adults, moms (79%) are more likely to say they need more fun in their lives. It’s no wonder: moms will have 10 fewer days of fun over the course of a year compared to the general U.S. population, according to the study.
So what are the three top reasons for moms’ fun deficit?
- no extra money to spend on fun or activities (61%)
- a busy home life and responsibilities (52%)
- being too busy with kids (38%)
So what can we do to close the fun deficit among moms?
I’m beyond excited to share that Crocs has partnered with me on this FUN campaign! I’ve had the chance to consult with Crocs on how to turn the survey findings into action items.
Here are (5) ideas on how to bring some additional FUN into your life!
- Plan a Girl’s Night Out. It’s always fun to take a weekday night and head out with your closest girlfriends. It’s good for the soul to laugh out loud and be a “girl” again! You can also plan a “girl’s night in” and plan a pot luck meal at someone’s home for a more economical way to celebrate with the girls.
- Play Hooky for the day. Take the day off and spend it relaxing. Make a deal with yourself that you will only choose hobbies and activities that you enjoy. You can make a pact with yourself for one day to avoid all laundry, chores and work! Enjoy the day for YOU!
- Movie Night by Yourself. Pick your favorite movie and plan to enjoy it by yourself. You have permission to splurge on soda and popcorn for one! Many communities offer reduced-price movie night, so it makes it an easy decision to see that low-budget movie you’ve been wanting to see.
- Bubble Bath. Choose one hour per week to tell the kids “Mom is busy” and head for the bath. Bubbles and a good book provide an experience that you’ll begin looking forward to each week.
- Rock Out at a Concert. How long has it been since you’ve attended a concert? Summer concerts offer opportunities to enjoy the outdoors while listening to one of your favorite bands. Make sure you sing, dance and enjoy the music!
- Sign Up for a Class. Your kids have activities – now it’s time to schedule one for you. Sign up for a weekly Dance Class, Art Class, Fitness Class, Music Class, etc.! Give yourself a weekly treat!
- Shoe shopping. 69% of moms say shoes are important when it comes to fun! Crocs has some incredible new styles that are comfortable and styles, all in a variety of colors that are sure to add some fun into your life!
Amp up the fun!
Make your STATE OF FUN through the roof this spring and summer!
Disclosure: Sponsorship with Crocs. All opinions are 100% my own!