This summer my husband and I have committed to a few weekend getaways for just the two of us. Believe it or not, we’ve never traveled without kids before, so for us it’s going to be very different to be away without a little one in tow! We aren’t going anywhere too far, just weekend getaways to Newport, RI (about 25 minutes away!) and Cape Cod (about an hour away!), but we’re BEYOND excited about being away and getting some couple time. I’m all about finding Travel Accessories for Women that keep me stocked up!
Travel Accessories for Women
When we’re traveling with the kids, we take about 7-8 bags – no joke – there’s at least one bag for everyone! My husband always laughs at my over packing, but it’s a system that works for me when we’re with the kids. I’m all about extra packing because I want to make sure I have back-ups of everything and then back-ups of the back-ups! Traveling without the kids is a bit easier because I’m not worried about packing everything and the kitchen sink. I will say though, regardless if I’m traveling with or without the kids, there are certain essentials that I ALWAYS have on me for summer travel. I have my quick go-to essentials that make my summer packing quick, easy and very routine. It’s all about knowing and having your Travel Accessories for Women.
Travel Accessories for Women Top Picks
What do I always bring with me?
Top 6 Picks for Travel Accessories for Women
I have 6 things that I won’t leave home without when we’re heading out for a summer trip:
- Sunblock – This is a definite go-to for me. I actually bring the highest number sunblock I can find. I’m all about protecting my skin under the hot summer sun. Wherever we travel in the summer usually revolves around the beach or a pool, so we’re always out in the hot sun. As I’ve gotten older, my skin has begun to burn a lot quicker, so I really need to make sure I’m on the sunblock from sun up till sun down when we’re traveling. I’m going to be honest right here – this is a true part of Travel Accessories for Women!
- Lightweight scarf – I’m obsessed with a summer scarf! I love pairing one with a tank or tee with some shorts. Since you never know when you’re going to hit some serious air conditioning, I always like to make sure I have a layer that I can wrap around my neck or shoulders. Always, always, always a summer travel essential!
- ZzzQuil – When I’m away my sleeping habits are always thrown off! Whether I’m with the kids or not, getting a solid night sleep while I’m away is essential because I need (and want!) to be fresh and ready to conquer each new day. For when I need it, I have ZzzQuil, a non-habit forming sleep aid that’s just for sleep, so I get the sleep I need to enjoy my travel experience. Adjusting to a new bed, time changes, different room temperatures or traveling with extra people can always contribute to the occasional bad sleep, so I’m fully prepared for anything now, thanks to ZzzQuil.
- Velcro curlers – I hate doing my hair when I’m away. I have found the best way to keep my hair looking good is to put Velcro curlers in my hair before bed. I don’t like to travel with all my hair accessories, so this is the easiest fix for me! I pop them all in my hair right before bed, sleep on them and then in the morning I have “blown out” looking hair. They work are hair miracle workers for me.
- Moisturizing Lotion – I’m all about yummy scents when it comes to my lotion. Cocoa Butter is my absolute favorite! I always love to travel with it because it keeps my skin smooth as can be, adds extra moisture and just smells delicious! Since I’m usually in shorts/summer dresses or bathing suits, smooth skin is essential!
- Tinted Lip Gloss – When I’m traveling in the summer, my makeup routine is always very minimal. With the hot sun, I hate adding tons of makeup to my face because it always feels so heavy on my skin. I apply very basic pieces – bronzer, mascara and ALWAYS a lip gloss with a rose or brown tint. I’m not a lipstick wearing girl in the summer, I’m all about the shimmer and shine with my gloss. You will never find me without a lip gloss on a summer trip. It always makes me feel pretty, but also is making my lips smooth, too!
Hope you enjoyed this list of my Travel Accessories for Women.
Summer is a lot easier for me than the winter is and I love it. I always feel much more carefree in the summer and you can easily see this through my packing!
If you want to know more about ZzzQuil follow them on Twitter!
Click here for a coupon to try ZzzQuil!
Excited to partner with ZzzQuil to share some of my #TravelTipZzz as I gear up for my trips!
Happy summer travel everyone!
See my YouTube Channel for more videos of our family, too!
This is a sponsored post written for ZzzQuil. I was compensated for this post Vicks as part of the Vicks Ambassador Network but all opinions are my own.