Finding the PERFECT PUMPKIN is always something I love to do with my family. I feel like it’s such a beautiful and fun Fall Seasonal activity to do with your family. As you can imagine – with 5 kids – there’s a ton of deciding when it comes to finding the PERFECT pumpkin. I love watching the hunt and seeing each of them light up when they’ve discovered the “ONE!” I know that this is one tradition I cherish and will always hold true to my heart. It’s something I will enjoy doing with the kids – even when they’re in college! They still let me snap photos of them, which I love!
So when it comes to choosing the PERFECT pumpkin or finding the perfect pumpkin, it’s something we’re all different about. I always look for a pumpkin that is perfectly round. For me – that’s my favorite! My sons? They’re all different! And my daughter? She just wants a princess pumpkin! It really is adorable!
I found the most PERFECT little PUMPKIN this year!
Awe… my girl!!
But in all reality, here are some tips for finding the PERFECT PUMPKIN:
- Choose a pumpkin that feels firm and heavy for its size.
- Choose a pumpkin that has consistent coloring throughout.
- Turn the pumpkin over and place pressure on the bottom with your thumbs. If it flexes or gives your pumpkin is not fresh.
- Look for soft spots, mold, wrinkles or open cuts that would indicate damage or early spoilage.
- Choose a pumpkin with a solidly attached stem.
- A green stem indicates a freshly harvested pumpkin.
- Place your pumpkin on a flat surface to check to see if it will sit flat after being carved.
It’s always a blast watching the kids enjoy this time! It’s also FUN, too!
Make sure you take the time to get some pumpkins for your house!!