Happy 11th Birthday to my Henry! I simply can’t believe that my “little” Henry is 11 years old. The time has truly flown by and it’s very bittersweet for me. Henry’s always been my baby boy and I can’t explain it, but I just have always thought of him as my little, little one. The older he gets the more it tugs at my heart, even though I love seeing him get older and spread his wings!
Happy 11th Birthday
I’ve said this story before, but Henry’s beginning started differently than all the others. Here I am celebrating Henry’s Happy 11th Birthday! My beautiful Henry was an incredibly-amazing surprise for us. It’s funny because his older 3 brothers were planned to a T, I mean – down to a T! My Henry’s story didn’t start this way. We all need a fabulous surprise in life, don’t we? He was mine!
I will never forget in early October of 2007 making Rice-a-Roni for the boys and suddenly feeling sick to my stomach. The thought crossed my mind, “Am I pregnant?” But I never believed it. I had 3 boys who were 2 and under, I’m just ULTRA tired. Then a week later, when (ahem…) I was a little late, I decided to take a pregnancy test.
I didn’t even tell my husband I was taking a test because I truly didn’t believe it to be true… I went to CVS with Ben and Alex, grabbed a test and waited in line feeling excited and nervous at the same time. I kept thinking, “4 kids?” The cashier smiled at me as I paid and whispered, I hope it’s what you want it to be. I’ll never forget her kindness. I honestly think I was a deer in headlights in the store!
I booked it home… honest to God, I ran in, still leaving Alex and Ben buckled into their car seats and peed in the stick. I was actually shaking! You know how sometimes you have to look at the stick and wait for 2 lines, oh no… these lines popped up within SECONDS! I was absolutely, positively PREGNANT!
Now my Henry celebrating his Happy 11th Birthday! He’s the sweetest, kindest, most caring and most adorable little boy in the world. He’s the youngest brother of the McClelland 4, but he wears that title well. He’s seamlessly cool and loves to work hard on the things that he’s passionate about in life.
Let me share a little about my Henry…
- he’s got the coolest hair, it always does what he wants it to do
- he loves to play with Victoria and is beyond patient with her
- he’s obsessed (if there was a word that was for beyond obsessed, I would use that) with video games
- he loves to stay up late and talk with his brother Alex
- he’s wonderful to me all the time. I don’t think he’s ever talked back to me, not even once
- he’s a typical little brother, but a fantastic older brother, too
- he could drink 100 glasses of mile per day
- he loves mac and cheese, it’s his favorite
- he’s a sleeper, he loves to sleep
- he loves to cover himself in blankets, even when it’s hot outside
- he loves to climb trees
- he’s a big lover of the Steelers
- he’s loyal with his friends, which I love about him
- he’s an artist at heart, which I adore
- he’s quick witted
I’m just blessed to be Henry’s mom. He’s my perfect little man and I love every single thing about him. He’s just the best surprise I never knew that I needed and wanted. He always makes me smile and I just couldn’t be more proud of him! He’s my good little man!
Check my YouTube Channel for more family videos!