2011 is here!
10 Things I’m Hoping for in 2011…
1. READ more. I have my new NOOKcolor, which I’m borderline obsessed with. I have already read 1 book in 2011. I love me some romance – Danielle Steel and Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
2. SWIM more. Growing up, I was a competitive swimmer. I spent endless hours going up and down the pool. There was nothing more soothing and peaceful to me. I crave that alone time. I crave that physical conditioning I was doing for my body. I really want to fit this into my life this year.
3. DRIVE a standard. Matt bought a truck about a month ago. Unfortunately I can’t drive it. I would like to change that this year. And I need Matt to be totally patient with me!
4. DOWNLOAD my photos, make hard copies of them and put them in albums! So 1990s of me, huh? I have about a zillion photos of my sons that are in my computer. I really want to build albums for each of my sons.
5. DISNEY trip with the boys. Benjamin has been asking about going to Disney for the last 2 months. He’s at that total magical age… he’ll be 4 in April. I want to head there this year with just my family. I want it to be all about the boys. This is definitely on my list. We took William and Alexander when they were 3 and 4 and they LOVED it!
6. RE-DO my office. I love being able to have a space to go to when I work. Usually my space has been designated to my kitchen table with the boys all around me. I want to re-do the office and really make it my sanctuary when I’m working. This is essential to me.
7. ENTERTAIN more. I grew up going to my Nana’s house all the time for family gatherings, parties and events. She loved to entertain and I loved that about her. I would like to do more of this in 2011 because I absolutely love being with family and friends. Even though my house may not always be clean from top to bottom, that won’t stop me!
8. TRY TO STOP pinching my knuckle. Ever since I was a baby, I have had the habit of pinching my knuckle. It’s become so normal to me that I don’t even realize I’m doing it! I want to try and stop this 30 year habit this year. TRY it the operative word here.
9. DATE NIGHT. I want to really keep up with at least one date night a month. Matt and I never get much alone time, I really would love love love to try and get out with him on a special date night.
10. BABY. I love how I put date night and baby back-to-back. Ahhh… baby. Yes, I would love to start thinking about having another baby this year. I know the time isn’t now, but by this time next year, I would love to know that we’ve entertained the conversation of starting to try. Baby boy #5… or baby girl #1…