There’s one thing that none of my sons love doing… heading to the doctor.
They always get so scared, especially my Ben and Henry. They’re my youngest sons and they just get so nervous the second I tell them they have to see Dr. Lamendola (our family doctor). Mostly they’re worried about getting a shot, but I think it’s always the unknown for them when we enter the office. The good thing is that our doctor is amazing and once we’re there, he always puts them at ease and always makes them feel comfortable.
That being said, one of Henry’s FAVORITE shows on Disney Junior is Doc McStuffins and I love how the show helps ease Henry a bit too when it’s time for him to head to the doctor. We went through this during the summer for his well visit.
Doc McStuffins has great tips for moms to make staying healthy and doctor visits so much fun for little ones! Don’t miss all-new episodes Starting September 6 at 10am/9c on Disney Junior, on Disney Channel.
I love this video from Doc McStuffins because it shares some awesome tips for bringing your kids to their doctor.
I love the tips of:
1) Bringing their fave stuffed animal/toy with them
2) Bring their fave snack
3) Decorate a water bottle and bring with you to the doctor (or wherever you’re heading!). So good
to always be hydrated
4) Bring along your phone or tablet with some fave games and download Disney Junior app so they can even watch Doc McStuffins at the DOCTOR!
5) Buy doctor paraphernalia for your child and let them pretend their a doctor along with the “real” one!
6) Bring along some books you can read while you wait
Thank you Doc McStuffins for sharing great tips and for opening up the conversation in our home with Ben and Henry!
Plus, Disney Junior is hitting the road with The Doc Mobile Tour, a FREE family event focused on healthy living and well-being, and could be coming to a town near you! To find out more, and see the full tour schedule, visit http://www.DisneyJunior.com/DocMobile
Disclosure: Sponsored post with SheKnows