May the FORCE BE WITH YOU TODAY!
Today is an epic day for millions of people all over the world, my family included! Today, merchandise inspired by the highly anticipated new movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens launched at retailers around the globe as ‘Force Friday’ officially got underway.
Oh, yes… this is not your “normal” Friday! This is a Friday that is bringing smiles to SO MANY PEOPLE!!
Hot off the heels of the 18+ hour global live unboxing event on YouTube where highlights of the new product range were officially unveiled, the celebration continued as more than 3,000 retail locations in the U.S. opened their doors at midnight for fans to be among the first to discover new Star Wars products.
Starting in Sydney and ending at Lucasfilm headquarters in San Francisco, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media hosted an epic global live event to unveil key Star Wars: The Force Awakens products. Fans who tuned in to theStar Wars YouTube page were able to see the following toys unboxed by top digital stars from the Maker Studios network:
· Sydney: Star Wars BladeBuilders Jedi Master Lightsaber toy from Hasbro
· Tokyo: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Big Figs(31” and 48”) from JAKKS Pacific
· Hong Kong: Hot Wheels® Star Wars character car assortment and Escape from Jakku™ Starship playset from Mattel
· Seoul: LEGO Star Wars Poe’s X-Wing Fighter™
· Paris: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Kylo Ren Lightsaber, a Disney Store exclusive
· Madrid: Star Wars Micro Machines First Order Star Destroyer from Hasbro
· Berlin: LEGO Star Wars Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle™
· London: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Elite Series die-cast figure assortment, a Disney Store exclusive
· Rio de Janeiro: Star Wars Black Series 6” figure assortment from Hasbro
· ‘Good Morning America’ (New York): LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon™ and Star Wars BB-8 from Sphero
· Toronto: Star Wars Remote Controlled Millennium Falcon Quad and X-Wing Starfighter from Air Hogs, Spin Master
· Chicago: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Role Play for kids exclusive to Disney Store
· Mexico City: Star Wars First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe NERF Blaster from Hasbro
· San Francisco: Star Wars Battle Action Millennium Falcon from Hasbro
· Los Angeles: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Poe Dameron’s X-Wing Vehicle from Hasbro
It truly is one of the coolest things ever!!!
Not to mention… there’s some VERY cool other kind of products launching, too:
– A large collection of exclusive merchandise from Disney Store including role play items, talking action figures and figure play sets, along with themed apparel, tech accessories, mugs, journals and more
– J. Crew apparel for men, women and kids featuring the fan-favorite “Chewie, we’re home” scene of Chewbacca and Han Solo from the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer
– A Star Wars collection of Rock & Republic® misses apparel and Mighty Fine juniors apparel offers female fans graphic tees, leggings, sweatshirts, hoodies and dresses available at Kohl’s
– The ultimate Millennium Falcon children’s bed from Pottery Barn Kids, looking like something seen from a galaxy far, far away
– A villainous take on home merchandise featuring new characters from the Dark Side, such as First Order Stormtroopers and Kylo Ren available at JCPenney
Most importantly, we’re just gearing up for the “big” day!!
Follow STAR WARS on Twitter
Follow STAR WARS on Instagram
Follow STAR WARS on YouTube
Visit the official STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS website: http://www.starwars.com/the-force-awakens/
STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS arrives in theaters everywhere on December 18th!