Facebook Live is taking over social media like crazy right now! If you’re not doing Facebook Live videos yet, now’s the time to jump on in – with 2 feet! I’m going to be sharing some of my favorite tips and advice today when it comes to hosting your own Facebook Live video(s).
I tune into different Facebook Lives throughout the day all the time now. It’s super easy to pop one on while I’m working and really get the chance to “chat” with someone in real-time while they’re hosting something online. It’s also an incredible way to meet and see new people, places and experiences. Not to mention, it’s an extraordinary way to connect with people on a much different level. I love social media, but I really love it when I can actually see and hear someone… not just see words that they’ve typed on a computer screen or on a mobile device.
If you follow me and Vera online, you already know that we do Facebook Live videos weekly. We just love them and we’ve connected and worked with a bunch of different brands over the last few months to really help amplify their messaging and branding while hosting Facebook Lives too. It’s something we’re really passionate about (video!) and something we love being able to do Live because it’s just out there in the moment! We work really well when something’s not scripted or too edited. We just love being who we are, in real time, enjoying each other!
So what are some Tips and Advice for Hosting Facebook Live videos?
- Just start shooting one now! Yes, easier said than done… I know. But here’s the thing, you need to get your feet wet. You need to get yourself comfortable doing them, so at some point you’re just going to have to pull off the band-aid and do it! My advice? if you’re reluctant to do one alone, do it with someone else first. Maybe grab your best friend. Maybe grab your partner. Maybe grab your child! However comfortable it will make you be, do it! But… START SHOOTING!
- Once you go Live, my first piece of advice ALWAYS is to introduce yourself and say a little but about where you are and why you’re shooting today. Just give whomever is watching a little background to your Live.
- Plan out what you want to say and do throughout your Live BEFORE you go live! Do not just free-will it! Really craft out a quick skeleton structure of what you want to talk about and maybe jot down a few points that you want to make. If you’re at home and just chatting about your daily life, make sure you know a few things that you want to say. If you’re traveling, make sure you jot down a few things about where you are and what you want to hit on during your Live. If you’re working with a brand or talking about a particular product, make sure you know your messaging. If it makes it easier for you, write things down! We always will have a little piece of paper somewhere off camera to help us stay on course!
- Don’t go over 30 minutes… people tune right on out!
- One thing we do that helps get extra eyeballs is promote our Facebook Live an hour before, just so people know that we WILL be going Live, it definitely helps get more people there to watch!
- Make sure – every 5 minutes – you do a quick “Hey, if you’re just joining in – WELCOME” and give a quick intro again. This way if people are just joining, they don’t feel bad about coming in after it’s started. It’s like a party… you always welcome people!
- And on that note, make sure you read comments during the Facebook Live and give shout outs to people. Thank people for coming and answer their questions!
- Make sure you have a strong connection before your go LIVE!
- Encourage people to keep coming back to your regular Lives, this always help drum up excitement!
- When you’re signing off, make sure you tell people where else they can find you on social!! Always make sure you’re helping yourself get some additional exposure, too!
Ahhh… so try these Facebook Live tips and tell me how it goes!
But truly – hit LIVE and PUBLISH!