It’s time for the dreaded Spring Cleaning! I know I shouldn’t say “dreaded,” but it’s something that every spring season I do and (just being honest with you) I don’t actually look forward to doing it. I know it’s essential to create a big Spring Cleaning List, so I start and get myself prepped ahead of time. I also make sure that I’m doing it in digestible bites. I can’t (for the life of me) do everything in one weekend. I need to make sure that I spread it out and make it doable and (most important) practical for me and my family.
Spring Cleaning List
There are a few rules in my house when it comes to cleaning:
1. The kids need to help. I refuse to do it by myself. I’ve often said that we run this house as a family, so I need to make sure that they chip in, too! I can’t handle it all on my own. Not to mention – they’re old enough, too.
2. Everyone needs to make sure that there’s a chores that need to get done ON TOP of the spring cleaning. I have the routines chores that are always getting done – dishwasher, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, floor cleaning and kitchen cleaning.
3. I make sure that everyone has a list as we prep for the cleaning! It’s something that I need to make sure they all see in print. I can’t just “say it out loud” I need to make sure that they see it with their own eyes and hold it in their hands. So – I make lists up and pass them out.
I’ve decided to create a 21 Day Spring Cleaning List – or if you prefer – Spring Cleaning Challenge. I’m so sick and tired of trying to cram it all in, so I thought if I do it for 21 days, giving us one thing to do each day, it will make it easier on everyone. I didn’t make everything too crazy, but I did list out everything that needs to get done.
Here’s my spring cleaning list for you! Just check as you go along!
Here’s why I wanted to create this list for you:
1. I wanted you to be able to do ONE thing every day, not all at once. It helps to spread things out.
2. I wanted to make sure you were able to get all your spring cleaning done. I’ve often realized that there are lots of things in my house that go undone or not cleaned because they’re not in my daily or weekly rotations. Clean the curtains? What? I never do that unless it’s written down!
3. I wanted to make it fun! The reason I started this a couple of years ago with my family was because I knew the boys got excited when we got to (literally) check something off! Don’t underestimate the power of a good list.
4. I wanted to make sure everything that needs to get done is on this list. Make sure you check it out and see if I’m missing anything. If I am – drop a comment below so I can add it!
5. I wanted to make sure this was something that actually could be used in another season, not just the spring, too!
I’m telling you right now, this really does help out! I’m someone who just hates to clean and by looking at each day as one thing to get done, it makes it that much easier. I don’t have a cleaner come to the house, so it’s all on me. I’ve often begged my husband to see if I could hire someone to come once a week or even once a month for a deep clean, but he doesn’t see the need in paying someone. As long as he keeps helping me, I’m fine with that! But honestly – it is necessary to make sure you’re doing what needs to get done on the cleaning front. When you work full time, it’s not always easy to come home and do another thing – so making it easier on you is the best way to do it.
I don’t know where the whole SPRING CLEANING “thing” came from, but it’s something that I see so many people talking about right now. This list (I hope) will help you manage, but I just want you to keep in mind that you can always tweak it and go with what works best for you, too.
Make it enjoyable by playing some music or listening to a podcast as you go! You can always find something that will keep you moving and (dare I say it) distract you as you go. I love to call my sister and clean. Before I know it… I’ve caught up with her and I’ve also cleaned whatever I’ve needed to get done! Usually it’s the laundry!
If you need to just think room by room, think that way too! I know when I was a little girl my mom would pick one room each weekend and that was how we would spring clean! It was easier for her to concentrate on the room at hand, she wanted to make sure she saw something done at the end of the weekend.
Finds ways to zip thru your process as quick as can be! And think about bringing in your little kids, too. I used to give the boys jobs when they were kids. I would put socks on their little hands and have them dust! I would turn it into a competition and away they would go! You can’t beat that for kids!
Here is a perfect Spring Cleaning Guide for you to reference with the best products to use.
Check out this post on 6 Ways to Make Spring Cleaning More Successful
If you need to redesign and/or reorganize your linen closet, here’s the best way to do it! This is something that I need to get better at with the kids. I’m all about trying to make sure it’s as organized as possible! I love being able to open it and see everything neat, just the way it should be!
Enjoy your Spring Cleaning! It comes once a year, so make it COUNT!
I like your spring cleaning list! My goal is to be done with spring cleaning before Easter…!
Thanks for the list. This is going to be so handy this springtime!
Awesome list! I so needed this!
It’s a good idea to spread it out, I try to get it all done in a matter of 2 days and I just can’t anymore. I think I might follow this list. Thanks for sharing it.
I really like the idea of a game plan that isn’t overwhelming. I have to do it all myself so I may need to double up on some of these
What a great idea. I am always so unorganized when I do my spring cleaning that never seem to finish anything on my list.
That’s a great list! Spreading it out like that makes it a lot more manageable.
Thanks for the list. I need to get started on my spring cleaning soon.
Come Spring and it feels like we have clean and pare down from all the stuff of Winter. We are doing some and the list that you have provided is helping to remind us other things that need to be done.
Love the list! Very handy!
I love this!! I love using lists, makes things so much easier!
This list will make my life easier thank you!
Comments are closed.