I love creating heart braids in Victoria’s hair for Valentine’s Day. This is my basic heart braid, but I added in red ribbon to make it the ultimate red ribbon heart braid. It’s a cute one!
Red Ribbon Heart Braid
When it comes to hairstyles for Valentine’s Day, this is definitely one you want to try. It’s sweet and cute, but also just FUN! I love how this red ribbon heart braid looks on Victoria. It’s just the perfect hairstyle for Valentine’s Day.
Remember to have fun with this holiday when it comes to hairstyles! It’s all about the fun and creating cute hairstyles that will make someone smile. I love trying as many as I can on Victoria for some added Valentine’s fun!
Hair Tutorial for Ribbon Braid
Here’s the tutorial on how I created my red ribbon heart braid. I’ve never added ribbon to it, but I thought it would be a nice addition to try and get the pops of red throughout the braided heart for Valentine’s Day.
View this post on Instagram
1. Start with the hair half-up
2. Loop red ribbon through the hair tie (I use 3 pieces)
3. Take the half up section and reverse topsy tail it
4. Let the hair dangle over and three-strand braid down each of the 2 sections, allowing the red ribbon to braid through.
5. Hair tie the 2 braids together. You will see the heart shape pop up immediately.
6. Bring all of the hair together and hair tie it at the bottom of the heart braid.
7. Add another ribbon or bow for Valentine’s Day fun.
It really is such a pretty and cute heart braid. I love how this one looks and I really think it’s perfect for Valentine’s Day. Those pops of red are PERFECT!
Hair Products I Used for this Hairstyle
The good thing about this hairstyle is that it doesn’t require a ton of hair accessories and products. I’m sharing all the ones I used for this specific hairstyle below. Let me know if you have any questions.
These are the Teenitor hair elastics I’ve been using lately. I was recommended to use them and couldn’t wait to give them a try. Victoria’s hair is on the thicker side, so I need to make sure I have hair elastics that will hold the hair and be extra durable. I also want to make sure the hair elastics won’t damage or crease the hair.
- Strong and stretchy: The elastics are not so thin that they break when you try to stretch, but they are not so thick that you can’t stretch them properly. They have stayed in very fine, soft hair through days of gardening. Also, they slide off the braids when grabbed and pull off clean. No rolling and catching the hair to make knots.
- Great deal: This is a great deal on 2000 pieces clear rubber elastic hair bands, enough for braiding different hairstyles. You can keep a couple dozen in your purse, another couple dozen in your gym bag, some in your car…you get the idea. Any time you realize you need a hair tie, you’ll have a stash.
The best part is that you get 2000 for under $7!
Buy them here.
Hair Styling Cream
It’s the one question I get asked the most lately, and I love it. It’s important to make sure you prep the hair before you create a hairstyle. I love to use hair styling cream because I know it will help to keep the hair smooth and shiny.
I prefer using Dae Hair Styling Cream.
SIGNATURE BLEND – Our Cactus Fruit 3-in-1 Styling Cream is a clean, multitasking formula that smooths styled hair, preps shiny blowouts, and defines natural curls.
BENEFITS – Infused with desert-derived extracts, it adds polish and shine, while hydrating botanicals moisturize hair and tame frizz.
CONCERNS – Frizz, Shine, Curl Definition
KEY INGREDIENTS – Dragon Fruit: Rich in antioxidants & enzymes that lock in moisture & nourish hair from the outside in. Prickly Pear Seed Oil: Conditions strands to be silky, soft, & healthy. Meadowfoam Seed Oil: Restores dull & brittle strands to their natural glossy luster.
Buy it here.
Ribbon for Hair
I love this deal for ribbon for your hair. You get so much ribbon for such a reasonable price point.
- Quantity: 20 rolls of ribbon, 2/5 inches wide. The face of the ribbons is smooth, shiny, and luxurious to be touch. The colors vary from bright, low-key to bright, vivid, full of vitality, rich in color, and full of vitality, and are an excellent choice for any occasion and all gift packaging decorations.
- Size: About 0.4 inches (10 mm) wide and 5 yards in length. Perfect craft size.
- 20 colors: Red, Burgundy Ribbon, Pink, Pearl Pink, Pearl Pink, Gold, Rose Gold, Blue, Navy Blue, Royal Blue Ribbon, Green, Fruit Green, Teal Ribbon, White, Black, Purple, Lavender Purple Ribbon, Yellow, Silver Ribbon, Orange Ribbon, Peach Ribbon.
Buy it here.
For additional Valentine’s Day hairstyles: