I’m officially obsessed with using glitter gel on any hairstyle that I can! It’s a great hair product to use when you’re looking to add some sparkle to a hairstyle. This simple heart hairstyle was the perfect hair tutorial to use it on for Valentine’s Day.
Simple Heart Hairstyle with Glitter Gel
When it comes to creating hearts in the hair, it’s a SUPER EASY hairstyle to do. I remember thinking when Victoria was a little girl that I couldn’t wait for her hair to grow long enough to create little hearts. They’re such a sweet hairstyle for any time during the year, but especially during Valentine’s Day.
I’m all about this hairstyle because it’s one of those hairstyles that you can create quickly and easily. It will not take you a long time to do, which is why I love this hairstyle even more. The easier, the better.
If you’re not a fan of glitter gel, don’t worry! You don’t have to use it on this simple heart hairstyle. To be honest with you, it’s such a cute one that it literally can stand alone without even ribbons or bows. It’s just really elegant, pretty, and adorable for Valentine’s Day (or any time during the year!).
Heart Hair Tutorial
Here’s how you create this simple heart hairstyle. I’ve shared different variations of this one on the blog, but this particular one is the easiest and takes a lot less amount of time to create.
View this post on Instagram
Super cute, right? I just love, love, love this one!
1. Start with the hair half up.
2. Reverse topsy tail the half up section and tighten it.
3. Divide the tail into 2 equal sections.
4. I add hair styling cream to smooth the sides down.
5. Shape the 2 sections into a heart.
6. Hair tie them together.
7. Take the remaining hair and hair tie together.
8. This is when I go back and add in my glitter gel. It sparkles beautifully!
9. Add a red ribbon for extra Valentine’s Day fun!
Hair Products I Used for the Simple Heart Hairstyle
Here are the exact hair products I used to create this simple heart for Valentine’s Day.
These are the Teenitor hair elastics I’ve been using lately. I was recommended to use them and couldn’t wait to give them a try. Victoria’s hair is on the thicker side, so I need to make sure I have hair elastics that will hold the hair and be extra durable. I also want to make sure the hair elastics won’t damage or crease the hair.
- Strong and stretchy: The elastics are not so thin that they break when you try to stretch, but they are not so thick that you can’t stretch them properly. They have stayed in very fine, soft hair through days of gardening. Also, they slide off the braids when grabbed and pull off clean. No rolling and catching the hair to make knots.
- Great deal: This is a great deal on 2000 pieces clear rubber elastic hair bands, enough for braiding different hairstyles. You can keep a couple dozen in your purse, another couple dozen in your gym bag, some in your car…you get the idea. Any time you realize you need a hair tie, you’ll have a stash.
The best part is that you get 2000 for under $7!
Buy them here.
Hair Styling Cream
It’s the one question I get asked the most lately, and I love it. It’s important to make sure you prep the hair before you create a hairstyle. I love to use hair styling cream because I know it will help to keep the hair smooth and shiny.
I prefer using Dae Hair Styling Cream.
SIGNATURE BLEND – Our Cactus Fruit 3-in-1 Styling Cream is a clean, multitasking formula that smooths styled hair, preps shiny blowouts, and defines natural curls.
BENEFITS – Infused with desert-derived extracts, it adds polish and shine, while hydrating botanicals moisturize hair and tame frizz.
CONCERNS – Frizz, Shine, Curl Definition
KEY INGREDIENTS – Dragon Fruit: Rich in antioxidants & enzymes that lock in moisture & nourish hair from the outside in. Prickly Pear Seed Oil: Conditions strands to be silky, soft, & healthy. Meadowfoam Seed Oil: Restores dull & brittle strands to their natural glossy luster.
Buy it here.
You need a really great comb. This is the magic. This is how you can create time after time after time a perfect part in your hair. I’ve talked about this comb before, but it really is exactly what you need to create the perfect part.
- Material: This Rat tail comb is made of stainless steel and the teethed part is made of high-quality nylon, no static and durable
- Application: The rat tail combs for hair stylist is flexible, will not easy to break or out of shape during normal use, widely be used at home or in salons
- Size: This hair comb measures 8.6 inch x 1.1 inch, lightweight and comfortable
- Unique Design: The main portion of this hairstyling tool is a very fine-toothed comb with little space between the teeth, the end of this metal rat tail comb is thin and comes to a point at the bottom
- Multi-purpose: The rattail comb is suitable for sectioning, parting, and styling the hair. You can also use it for teasing and backcombing
Hair Glitter Gel
This is my new favorite hair product that I’ve added lately. These are so much fun to play with in the hair and make a hairstyle look amazing!
- SPARKLY BODY GLITTER GEL – Teenitor body glitter gel is very shiny and are made with high intensity pigments and holographic gloss, providing a sparkly and shiny effect that caught the light. Because it is a gel, you don’t need any extra glues to keep the glitter on. Slap it on and you’re on your way. There are 12 vibrant and iridescent colors glitter gel to cater to different preferences and events. Each color is packed with 5 grams/0.176 ounce.
- LONG-LASTING GLITTER FOR FACE – Elevate your look to dazzling heights with Teenitor premium makeup glitter gel. The face glitter gel stays put all day and night, even through dancing and sweating. Glide on the gel effortlessly, enjoying its smooth texture that adheres comfortably to your skin, giving you a glamorous sheen.
- EASY APPLICATION, EASY REMOVAL FACE GLITTER GEL – Teenitor no glue needed face glitter develops a gel consistency that’s easy to apply and doesn’t feel sticky upon drying. You can use your fingers or easy-to-use applicator to apply it effectively. And the face glitter gel easy to remove using soap, warm water, or makeup remover, without irritating. Rapid-dry formula ensures you’re ready to dazzle in minutes, hassle-free.
Buy it here.
Hopefully, you’ll try this Valentine’s Day Hair Idea.
Additional Valentine’s Day Hairstyles: