I love this heart braid hair idea for Valentine’s Day. It’s a cute and pretty one that is perfect for the holiday. I just love that it’s simple and easy to do, too!
Heart Braid Hair Idea for Valentine’s Day
I’m all about cute hairstyles for Valentine’s Day. This heart braid hair idea is a fun one to do because it’s so simple, but mostly, it’s so pretty. This is one hairstyle for Valentine’s Day that I do every single year in Victoria’s hair.
I’m just in love with hairstyles that go along with the holidays and heart hairstyles are the easiest and the most fun for me. There’s nothing like creating something in Victoria’s hair that makes people smile. Valentine’s Day is just that PERFECT time of year to really have some fun!
Heart Braid Tutorial
This heart braid hair idea is one you need to make sure you bookmark and save. It’s adorable and comes out looking so cute and so pretty!
View this post on Instagram
I’m telling you, it’s not hard to do and you will love creating this one during the Valentine’s Day holiday.
Step-by-step Heart Braid Hair Idea:
- Start by creating a half up hairstyle.
- Reverse topsy tail the section.
- Take the section you just topsy tailed and divide it into 2 equal sections and braid down each one of those sections (*I use hair styling cream to keep the hair smooth, I will share below!).
- Once you’ve braided each section, hair tie the 2 braids together to create your heart.
- Gather all of the hair and hair tie it at the bottom of the heart.
- I love to add a red ribbon or bow here!
It really is one of my all-time favorite hairstyles!
Hair Products I Used for this Hairstyle
These are the exact hair products I used for this hairstyle. Feel free to drop a comment below with any questions!
These are the Teenitor hair elastics I’ve been using lately. I was recommended to use them and couldn’t wait to give them a try. Victoria’s hair is on the thicker side, so I need to make sure I have hair elastics that will hold the hair and be extra durable. I also want to make sure the hair elastics won’t damage or crease the hair.
- Strong and stretchy: The elastics are not so thin that they break when you try to stretch, but they are not so thick that you can’t stretch them properly. They have stayed in very fine, soft hair through days of gardening. Also, they slide off the braids when grabbed and pull off clean. No rolling and catching the hair to make knots.
- Great deal: This is a great deal on 2000 pieces clear rubber elastic hair bands, enough for braiding different hairstyles. You can keep a couple dozen in your purse, another couple dozen in your gym bag, some in your car…you get the idea. Any time you realize you need a hair tie, you’ll have a stash.
The best part is that you get 2000 for under $7!
Buy them here.
Hair Styling Cream
It’s the one question I get asked the most lately, and I love it. It’s important to make sure you prep the hair before you create a hairstyle. I love to use hair styling cream because I know it will help to keep the hair smooth and shiny.
I prefer using Dae Hair Styling Cream.
SIGNATURE BLEND – Our Cactus Fruit 3-in-1 Styling Cream is a clean, multitasking formula that smooths styled hair, preps shiny blowouts, and defines natural curls.
BENEFITS – Infused with desert-derived extracts, it adds polish and shine, while hydrating botanicals moisturize hair and tame frizz.
CONCERNS – Frizz, Shine, Curl Definition
KEY INGREDIENTS – Dragon Fruit: Rich in antioxidants & enzymes that lock in moisture & nourish hair from the outside in. Prickly Pear Seed Oil: Conditions strands to be silky, soft, & healthy. Meadowfoam Seed Oil: Restores dull & brittle strands to their natural glossy luster.
Buy it here.
You need a really great comb. This is the magic. This is how you can create time after time after time a perfect part in your hair. I’ve talked about this comb before, but it really is exactly what you need to create the perfect part.
- Material: This Rat tail comb is made of stainless steel and the teethed part is made of high-quality nylon, no static and durable
- Application: The rat tail combs for hair stylist is flexible, will not easy to break or out of shape during normal use, widely be used at home or in salons
- Size: This hair comb measures 8.6 inch x 1.1 inch, lightweight and comfortable
- Unique Design: The main portion of this hairstyling tool is a very fine-toothed comb with little space between the teeth, the end of this metal rat tail comb is thin and comes to a point at the bottom
- Multi-purpose: The rattail comb is suitable for sectioning, parting, and styling the hair. You can also use it for teasing and backcombing
Cotton Hair Ties
I love these cotton hair ties because they don’t crease or damage the hair. They’re perfect to add some fun color to any hairstyle.
- 【NO HAIR DAMAGE】The cotton hair bands for girls are super stretchable with high-quality elastic. High elastic material is thick and durable that can keep the hair firmly.
- 【WIDELY USED】Suitable for different hair, such as thick hair, thin hair, curly hair, and straight hair. Your toddlers also can use the ponytail holder for dressing up their dolls
- 【DURABLE AND STRETCHY】 With a soft & solid seamlessness design, it is easy to remove it from the hair.
Additional Valentine’s Day Hairstyles: