If you’re looking for a cute Valentine’s Day hair idea, I’ve got you covered. This is a super simple and easy one that you’ll love!
Valentine’s Day Hair Idea
Valentine’s Day hairstyles are so much fun to do, especially if you have kids on the younger side. It just makes this Valentine’s Day season extra fun because there are so many different heart hairstyle ideas out there.
I’m all about sharing as many Valentine’s Day hair tutorials as possible this month so that everyone has some options when it comes to beautiful and easy hairstyles for the day of love. You’ll see that I added a fun hair product to this hairstyle – red glitter gel! It’s my favorite!
I love this particular hairstyle because you don’t have to have the longest hair to make this one work. You could easily do this once with shoulder-length hair and down. I also love hairstyles that don’t require any braiding, too. I know not everyone is great or comfortable with braids, so this helps.
Half Up Heart Hairstyle
This heart hairstyle is a cute one because you can create this on one side or both, you choose! I created it on one side of my Victoria in this video, but it would look just as adorable on both, too. I hope you like this one! I even add some red glitter gel for some extra fun, too!
View this post on Instagram
1. Create a part down the middle (or do a deep side part if doing to one side).
2. Add a hair elastic to this section.
3. Do a reverse Topsy Tail to this section and let the sections fall after they’re pulled through.
4. Take the sections and shape them into a heart (make sure the hair is equal on each side).
5. Add a hair elastic to keep the shape.
6. You might want to add a bobby pin or two to make sure the heart keeps its shape.
7. Add a ribbon, bow, or glitter gel!
As you can see, this is such a cute and simple hairstyle. I love how it looks when it’s done. Perfect for any Valentine’s Day celebration!
Hair Products Used for this Hairstyle
Here are the exact hair products I used for this particular hairstyle. If you have any additional questions, please drop me a comment!
These are the Teenitor hair elastics I’ve been using lately. I was recommended to use them and couldn’t wait to give them a try. Victoria’s hair is on the thicker side, so I need to make sure I have hair elastics that will hold the hair and be extra durable. I also want to make sure the hair elastics won’t damage or crease the hair.
- Strong and stretchy: The elastics are not so thin that they break when you try to stretch, but they are not so thick that you can’t stretch them properly. They have stayed in very fine, soft hair through days of gardening. Also, they slide off the braids when grabbed and pull off clean. No rolling and catching the hair to make knots.
- Great deal: This is a great deal on 2000 pieces clear rubber elastic hair bands, enough for braiding different hairstyles. You can keep a couple dozen in your purse, another couple dozen in your gym bag, some in your car…you get the idea. Any time you realize you need a hair tie, you’ll have a stash.
The best part is that you get 2000 for under $7!
Buy them here.
Hair Styling Cream
It’s the one question I get asked the most lately, and I love it. It’s important to make sure you prep the hair before you create a hairstyle. I love to use hair styling cream because I know it will help to keep the hair smooth and shiny.
I prefer using Dae Hair Styling Cream.
SIGNATURE BLEND – Our Cactus Fruit 3-in-1 Styling Cream is a clean, multitasking formula that smooths styled hair, preps shiny blowouts, and defines natural curls.
BENEFITS – Infused with desert-derived extracts, it adds polish and shine, while hydrating botanicals moisturize hair and tame frizz.
CONCERNS – Frizz, Shine, Curl Definition
KEY INGREDIENTS – Dragon Fruit: Rich in antioxidants & enzymes that lock in moisture & nourish hair from the outside in. Prickly Pear Seed Oil: Conditions strands to be silky, soft, & healthy. Meadowfoam Seed Oil: Restores dull & brittle strands to their natural glossy luster.
Buy it here.
Hair Glitter Gel
This is my new favorite hair product that I’ve added lately. These are so much fun to play with in the hair and make a hairstyle look amazing!
- SPARKLY BODY GLITTER GEL – Teenitor body glitter gel is very shiny and are made with high intensity pigments and holographic gloss, providing a sparkly and shiny effect that caught the light. Because it is a gel, you don’t need any extra glues to keep the glitter on. Slap it on and you’re on your way. There are 12 vibrant and iridescent colors glitter gel to cater to different preferences and events. Each color is packed with 5 grams/0.176 ounce.
- LONG-LASTING GLITTER FOR FACE – Elevate your look to dazzling heights with Teenitor premium makeup glitter gel. The face glitter gel stays put all day and night, even through dancing and sweating. Glide on the gel effortlessly, enjoying its smooth texture that adheres comfortably to your skin, giving you a glamorous sheen.
- EASY APPLICATION, EASY REMOVAL FACE GLITTER GEL – Teenitor no glue needed face glitter develops a gel consistency that’s easy to apply and doesn’t feel sticky upon drying. You can use your fingers or easy-to-use applicator to apply it effectively. And the face glitter gel easy to remove using soap, warm water, or makeup remover, without irritating. Rapid-dry formula ensures you’re ready to dazzle in minutes, hassle-free.
Buy it here.
Hopefully you’ll try this Valentine’s Day Hair Idea.