If you’re looking for a pretty birthday hairstyle idea, I’ve got you covered. Here’s a super cute idea for birthday hair that you can easily do on your hair.
Pretty Birthday Hairstyle Idea
The reason I love this one is because it’s so sweet and pretty. It’s one of those hairstyles that once you do it, everyone will mention how cute it is – just watch and see!
It’s also a hairstyle that you can do for a special occasion, not just on your birthday. But – and here’s the best part, it’s also amazing for school and just an everyday look. I just absolutely love this one and I’m excited to share it with you all!
Hair Tutorial for Pretty Braid
For this hairstyle you do need to have medium to long hair. It’s not easy to do on shorter hair because you need to make sure the braid is long enough to fold into the side ponytail. If you have hair extensions, this is a great one for you!
View this post on Instagram
1. Start by creating a side braid.
2. Take the rest of the hair and create a side ponytail.
3. Fold the braid into the side ponytail.
4. Take the tail of the braid and wrap it around the base of the ponytail.
*You can keep the hairstyle like this OR –
5. Braid the rest of the hair all the way down.
As you can see, this is a cute one and just comes out looking so pretty! It’s a great one for birthdays because it’s a special kind of hairstyle. You can add some ribbons and bows to make it extra special.
Hair Products for this Hairstyle
Here are the hair products I used for this particular birthday hairstyle idea. Feel free to ask me any questions you have when it comes to hair products that we love and use.
These are the Teenitor hair elastics I’ve been using lately. I was recommended to use them and couldn’t wait to give them a try. Victoria’s hair is on the thicker side, so I need to make sure I have hair elastics that will hold the hair and be extra durable. I also want to make sure the hair elastics won’t damage or crease the hair.
- Strong and stretchy: The elastics are not so thin that they break when you try to stretch, but they are not so thick that you can’t stretch them properly. They have stayed in very fine, soft hair through days of gardening. Also, they slide off the braids when grabbed and pull off clean. No rolling and catching the hair to make knots.
- Great deal: This is a great deal on 2000 pieces clear rubber elastic hair bands, enough for braiding different hairstyles. You can keep a couple dozen in your purse, another couple dozen in your gym bag, some in your car…you get the idea. Any time you realize you need a hair tie, you’ll have a stash.
The best part is that you get 2000 for under $7!
Buy them here.
Hair Styling Cream
It’s the one question I get asked the most lately, and I love it. It’s important to make sure you prep the hair before you create a hairstyle. I love to use hair styling cream because I know it will help to keep the hair smooth and shiny.
I prefer using Dae Hair Styling Cream.
SIGNATURE BLEND – Our Cactus Fruit 3-in-1 Styling Cream is a clean, multitasking formula that smooths styled hair, preps shiny blowouts, and defines natural curls.
BENEFITS – Infused with desert-derived extracts, it adds polish and shine, while hydrating botanicals moisturize hair and tame frizz.
CONCERNS – Frizz, Shine, Curl Definition
KEY INGREDIENTS – Dragon Fruit: Rich in antioxidants & enzymes that lock in moisture & nourish hair from the outside in. Prickly Pear Seed Oil: Conditions strands to be silky, soft, & healthy. Meadowfoam Seed Oil: Restores dull & brittle strands to their natural glossy luster.
Buy it here.
You need a really great comb. This is the magic. This is how you can create time after time after time a perfect part in your hair. I’ve talked about this comb before, but it really is exactly what you need to create the perfect part.
- Material: This Rat tail comb is made of stainless steel and the teethed part is made of high-quality nylon, no static and durable
- Application: The rat tail combs for hair stylist is flexible, will not easy to break or out of shape during normal use, widely be used at home or in salons
- Size: This hair comb measures 8.6 inch x 1.1 inch, lightweight and comfortable
- Unique Design: The main portion of this hairstyling tool is a very fine-toothed comb with little space between the teeth, the end of this metal rat tail comb is thin and comes to a point at the bottom
- Multi-purpose: The rattail comb is suitable for sectioning, parting, and styling the hair. You can also use it for teasing and backcombing
Additional birthday hairstyles ideas: