It’s time for another Valentine’s Day hairstyle! These double heart pigtails are so cute and easy to do on your child’s hair (or yours). I love this one for school or for a Valentine’s party.
Double Heart Pigtails
I’m all about easy and doable hairstyles that don’t take a ton of time. I like hairstyles that are simple and quick and can be done without too much time or thought. What I love even more is when they come out looking so sweet and adorable.
I’ve been asked to share some cute hairstyles that can be worn all year, too. I love this one in particular for Valentine’s Day because of the hearts, but I love that it can also be worn at any time, too.
This is very simple and it doesn’t require any braiding. All you need to do is twist hair strands, and shape them into a heart. I’m going to include the hair tutorial below for you to watch and check out.
Heart Pigtails Tutorial
View this post on Instagram
Quick hair tutorial breakdown:
1. Divide the hair into 2 sections and create your pigtails
2. Reverse topsy tail each pigtail
3. Make sure there are equal sections of hair dangling on each side that will shape your hearts
4. Twist the sections of hair and shape them into hearts
5. Add hair ties once shaped
6. You can keep them as is OR I like to take them and hair tie the heart pigtails together and add a ribbon
When it comes to hairstyles for kids, I feel like I could write a book! We do hairstyles together almost every single day.
1. I know that it’s not always easy to have Victoria sit still, but a book, a device, or just talking time helps. Sometimes we play a game and that will help keep her still (although if you know my girl, she doesn’t like to sit still!).
2. I love using a leave-in conditioner spray on Victoria’s hair before I start. I just like to make sure there aren’t any tangles before we get going.
- I recommend Aussie Hair Insurance
3. I love using hair oil, too on Victoria. It makes her hair nice and shiny and smooth to work with. I feel like this has been a huge game-changer for her when it comes to flyaways and keeping it healthy.
- I recommend Sol De Janeiro’s Nourishing Oil
4. I love using hair elastics that don’t damage the hair.
- I recommend using Hairitage Hair Elastics
I will continue to recommend the products we use and love because I think it’s important to share what people use that works.
If you’re looking for more Valentine’s Day hairstyles, check out: