When it comes to Valentine’s Day, I’m always trying to share as many heart and festive hairstyles as I can. One hairstyle that is always popular is my heart braid, but I thought it would be fun to do a double heart braid.
Double Heart Braid
I had Victoria wear this out last week when we went to dinner and we were asked by a handful of people about the cute hairstyle. It really is a show-stopper and it’s just a sweet and cute hairstyle that you can wear any time of the year, not just for Valentine’s Day.
If you can braid hair, I promise… you can do this double-heart braid. It’s VERY simple and easy and doesn’t require a ton of time. I know that’s another hard stop for me when it comes to hairstyles. I don’t have 20 or 30 minutes in the morning to do Victoria’s hair and many times I’m doing it in a rush before I head out the door to my new morning job!
For this particular Valentine’s Day hairstyle all you need are hair elastics and red ribbon (if you prefer). I know I’m asked often about the hair elastics that we use, we’re obsessed with Hairitage Hair Elastics.
I’m sharing the full hair tutorial video below:
View this post on Instagram
Cute, right? It really is just such an adorable hairstyle and I love seeing it all come together.
When it comes to hairstyles for kids, I feel like I could write a book! We do hairstyles together almost every single day.
1. I know that it’s not always easy to have Victoria sit still, but a book, a device, or just talking time helps. Sometimes we play a game and that will help keep her still (although if you know my girl, she doesn’t like to sit still!).
2. I love using a leave-in conditioner spray on Victoria’s hair before I start. I just like to make sure there aren’t any tangles before we get going.
- I recommend Aussie Hair Insurance
3. I love using hair oil, too on Victoria. It makes her hair nice and shiny and smooth to work with. I feel like this has been a huge game-changer for her when it comes to flyaways and keeping it healthy.
- I recommend Sol De Janeiro’s Nourishing Oil
4. I love using hair elastics that don’t damage the hair.
- I recommend using Hairitage Hair Elastics
I will continue to recommend the products we use and love because I think it’s important to share what people use that works.
If you’re looking for more Valentine’s Day hairstyles, check out: