I feel like this hairstyle in particular is one that everyone should know how to do because it’s so simple and so easy, so I’m excited to share with you how to do a side braid.
How To Do a Side Braid
As you probably can tell, I love braiding hair. I have a very distinct memory when I was a little girl of braiding my little sister’s hair at my Nana’s house. I wasn’t great at it, but I remember my sister sitting very still while she let me braid her hair. The memory still makes me smile.
Whenever I think about hairstyles and how easy it can be to make something look pretty, I always think of a hairstyle like this. When it comes to learning how to do a side braid, I feel like it’s one of those hairstyles that look complicated, but it’s not (not at all).
Now I will say this, there are dozens of ways to do a side braid. I’m not reinventing the wheel here at all, but I’ve always preferred to do my side braids this way because it’s easier.
What Hair Accessories You Need for a Side Braid
For this hairstyle, all you need to make sure you have is:
3 hair elastics
Comb/Brush (for parting the hair)
How To Do a Side Braid Tutorial
Here is a step-by-step hair tutorial on how I like to do my side braid hairstyle.
View this post on Instagram
1. Part the hair where you have a low side ponytail and a high ponytail on top on the side. As you can tell, I like to use a smaller amount of hair on top.
2. Take the top section and three-strand braid it all the way until you reach the base of the low ponytail.
3. Carefully and gently pull on each braid section (pancaking it out) to make the braid thicker. The trick here is not to hair elastic band the hair before you do this step. It’s much easier before you hair elastic it.
4. When you’re done pulling on each section, hair tie it to the low ponytail
5. You can go back and adjust the braid, too.
I love love love how this one turns out. It’s so simple, yet so cute. I also love that it really does look so much harder than it actually is to do. It’s a perfect hairstyle for just about any occasion.
Hoping this how to do a side braid hair tutorial works for you and that you give it a try! 🙂
Favorite Hair Products To Use
When it comes to hairstyles for kids, I feel like I could write a book! We do hairstyles together almost every single day.
1. I know that it’s not always easy to have Victoria sit still, but a book, a device, or just talking time helps. Sometimes we play a game and that will help keep her still (although if you know my girl, she doesn’t like to sit still!).
2. I love using a leave-in conditioner spray on Victoria’s hair before I start. I just like to make sure there aren’t any tangles before we get going.
- I recommend Aussie Hair Insurance
3. I love using hair oil, too on Victoria. It makes her hair nice and shiny and smooth to work with. I feel like this has been a huge game-changer for her when it comes to flyaways and keeping it healthy.
- I recommend Sol De Janeiro’s Nourishing Oil
4. I love using hair elastics that don’t damage the hair.
- I recommend using Hairitage Hair Elastics
I will continue to recommend the products we use and love because I think it’s important to share what people use that works.
Check out these hairstyles to try, too:
Pretty Ponytails: 2 Easy Hairstyles For You To Try
How To Make a Star in Your Hair
3 Cute and Easy Hairstyles for School