I saw this cute rose bun hairstyle on a friend’s daughter last week and immediately told her I was going to try it on my Victoria. It was the CUTEST little hairstyle and I knew it would be a good one to share for prom season, wedding season, and just any special occasion.
Rose Bun Hairstyle
I know that when it comes to bun hairstyles that there are dozens upon dozens of ways to style your hair. In all honesty, probably hundreds. I know it comes down to what kind of style you’re going for and also how long your hair is when you’re trying to do certain bun hairstyles.
For this bun in particular, I love it because it would work on shoulder-length hair and down. You could do a full rose bun or a half up half down hairstyle like I do on Victoria in this one. The key is just knowing what look you want and knowing that the hair can make it work.
What I love the most about this hairstyle is how easy it is. I’ve always thought these cute little rose buns were a little more on the intricate side of things to do, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they’re EASY!
Bun Hair Tutorial
For this hairstyle in particular, just make sure you have hair this is brushed nice and smooth to start off with. It makes it easier to braid and then pull gently on each braid bump to create the actual rose petals.
View this post on Instagram
Pretty cute, right? I think it really does just POP and it’s a perfect hairstyle for a special occasion.
Favorite Hair Products To Use
When it comes to hairstyles for kids, I feel like I could write a book! We do hairstyles together almost every single day.
1. I know that it’s not always easy to have Victoria sit still, but a book, a device, or just talking time helps. Sometimes we play a game and that will help keep her still (although if you know my girl, she doesn’t like to sit still!).
2. I love using a leave-in conditioner spray on Victoria’s hair before I start. I just like to make sure there aren’t any tangles before we get going.
- I recommend Aussie Hair Insurance
3. I love using hair oil, too on Victoria. It makes her hair nice and shiny and smooth to work with. I feel like this has been a huge game-changer for her when it comes to flyaways and keeping it healthy.
- I recommend Sol De Janeiro’s Nourishing Oil
4. I love using hair elastics that don’t damage the hair.
- I recommend using Hairitage Hair Elastics
I will continue to recommend the products we use and love because I think it’s important to share what people use that works.
Check out these hairstyles to try, too:
Pretty Ponytails: 2 Easy Hairstyles For You To Try
How To Make a Star in Your Hair