Looking for a pretty holiday ponytail? It’s that time of the year again where we start getting ready for parties, family gatherings, and everything in between. It doesn’t matter if you’re preparing for an evening out with your loved ones or a day at the office – ponytails are always a good idea!
Pretty Holiday Ponytail
With holiday parties and holiday festivities, you need to make sure you have a holiday look that will dazzle. It’s not just about having that perfect outfit, you want to dress it up with some holiday hairstyles, too. Whether you’re rocking a high ponytail or low ponytail, the holiday season is the time to experiment with some really cool and different hairstyles.
This pretty holiday ponytail hairstyle is perfect for any occasion, no matter what time of year it may be. I love this pretty holiday ponytail hairstyle because it’s a classic hairstyle, but it’s also a great one when you’re looking for festive hairstyles, too. You’re going to need medium or long hair length to make this one work, but I promise to share others that don’t require long hair. You can make this work, too if you have curly hair.
This pretty holiday ponytail is a showstopper and a great option when you’re looking for that perfect go-to hairstyle. I love this hairstyle because there are lots of hairstyles (like a dutch braid, french braid or a top knot) that can be tough for people to do on their own, but this one is an easy one. This one requires very simple steps and you don’t need to have a ton of hair accessories to make it work.
How To Do a Holiday Ponytail
It really is the most wonderful time of the year to do this beautiful holiday hairstyle. I love this one because you’re basically starting with a sleek pony, but amping it up to make it POP. The best part is that it’s a quick way to change it up. It’s also an awesome way to UP your beauty game. This is essentially a bubble ponytail that you will be creating with some red ribbons for that holiday classic style.
All you need for this hairstyle is:
- clear elastics (if you don’t have clear any hair elastic will do)
- bobby pins
- Take your own hair and pop it up into a ponytail. Don’t worry about making a center part or any kind of part, just take a moment to create a ponytail. You can add some shine serum in to make it really pop, too!
- Then add in elastics down the section of hair in the ponytail. My advice is to pop them about 2 to 3 inches down the ponytail. Since Victoria’s hair is on the longer side, I can add 3, but if your hair is longer… add more!
- Slowly go through each section and bubble them out. The utmost importance here is to make sure you don’t pull too tightly. You don’t want them to come undone. Make sure they look like little bubbles or circles.
- Then for that “happy holidays” look, you’re going to add the red ribbons. I bought these ribbons at Michael’s, but you can buy them anywhere you can find ribbon. Last year I bought a ton of ribbon and I’m super excited to use it this year.
- You can adjust and tweak however you want after the ribbons are in. This will add to the perfect holiday ensemble. I just love this Easy Christmas Hairstyle.
If you wanted to do a quick and easy holiday hairstyle with only half up, it’s just a quick fix. Take the easy half and just do a quick bubble braid in the hair. You can allow the rest of your hair to be done with relaxed strands. Don’t worry about making it in the ponytail if you don’t want to, that’s the thing about hair… you can ALWAYS play with it to make it work for yourself. It’s all about creating the right hairstyles for you.
If you’re looking for a red carpet look, this pretty holiday ponytail will do the trick! Also, feel free to do this hairstyle down the side of your head, you know the right place to put your hairstyle, so make it work exactly how you want it, too. The holidays are a perfect time to have some fun with your hair. Ditch the messy bun on Christmas Eve for this perfectly pretty holiday ponytail.