I’m all about hair up for the summer. It’s too hot to have your hair down. I’m always trying to come up with some cute hairstyles to do on Victoria and this one is a super cute summer updo to try. It’s easy to do and looks adorable when it’s complete.
Cute Summer Updo
This one is a fun one because it’s simple, yet it looks way more complicated than it actually is to do. I love hairstyles like that because it goes to show that you don’t have to be an expert at hairstyling to have a cool-looking hairstyle.
For this particular hairstyle, you should do this one on wet or damp hair. It just makes it that much easier to do. I’ve had a bunch of people reach out asking about how to part hair properly and straight, my biggest piece of advice is to try it on wet hair and using a comb.
Summer Hair Tutorial
All you need for this one are 10 hair elastics. I’ll share below the hair elastics that I love to use. These are good quality and really do a great job of not damaging the hair. I know when it comes to trying to find hair elastics that work well it’s not always that easy. These are awesome ones, again – I will list everything out below!
View this post on Instagram
- Part the hair down the middle
- Create 3 ponytails on each side
- Take the bottom ponytails and cross over and hair tie to the middle ones
- Repeat the same sequence from the middle to the top
- You can keep as is with ponytails OR
- I like to create wrap buns
Enjoy this one! It’s so cute!
Favorite Hair Products To Use
When it comes to hairstyles for kids, I feel like I could write a book! We do hairstyles together almost every single day.
1. I know that it’s not always easy to have Victoria sit still, but a book, a device, or just talking time helps. Sometimes we play a game and that will help keep her still (although if you know my girl, she doesn’t like to sit still!).
2. I love using a leave-in conditioner spray on Victoria’s hair before I start. I just like to make sure there aren’t any tangles before we get going.
- I recommend Aussie Hair Insurance
3. I love using hair oil, too on Victoria. It makes her hair nice and shiny and smooth to work with. I feel like this has been a huge game-changer for her when it comes to flyaways and keeping it healthy.
- I recommend Sol De Janeiro’s Nourishing Oil
4. I love using hair elastics that don’t damage the hair.
- I recommend using Hairitage Hair Elastics
I will continue to recommend the products we use and love because I think it’s important to share what people use that works.
Check out these hairstyles to try, too: