If you love a beautiful braid hairstyle, you will love a Dutch braid style. The thing is though, not everyone (including myself) can do a Dutch braid hairstyle. I rely on my go-to Dutch braid hair hack for my hair and on Victoria’s too (good news is that it works like a charm!).
Dutch Braid Hair Hack
I’m all about hair hacks because they’re easy ways to rock a hairstyle. I know that not everyone is great at creating braids, so hair hacks are normally the best way to make one work. I love being able to share these because I know it does make hairstyles easier to create.
This is one hair hack that I’ve been doing for years, I love it because it’s not only easy – it’s simple and comes out looking so pretty. Dutch braiding is when you braid under, whereas a French braid is when you braid over. Dutch braids come out looking thicker, which I personally just love.
How pretty is this hairstyle? It’s a beautiful braided hairstyle that you can wear to any occasion.
Hair Tutorial for a Dutch Braid
Here is the hair tutorial for this pretty braided hairstyle.
View this post on Instagram
- Start with 2 high and 2 low ponytails.
- Braid the top two sections.
- Once the top sections meet the low ones, create a three-strand braid (braiding under) with all of the hair.
Hair Products We Love:
1. I love love love using these hair ties. These are fantastic for keeping the hair from creasing and they don’t damage the hair either.
- I recommend these no-damage or crease hair ties.
2. I love using a leave-in conditioner spray on Victoria’s hair before I start. I just like to make sure there aren’t any tangles before we get going.
- I recommend Aussie Hair Insurance
3. Looking to tame the flyaways? This hair wax stick is amazing to use!
- I recommend this hair wax stick.
- Here are the exact ones that we’re using, check these hair elastics out here.
Check out these additional holiday hairstyles: